Sunday, November 1, 2015

Reflection of Rhetorical Analysis Unit



As compared with many of my previous works, this paper had a significant impact upon me. Rhetorical analysis and most of introductory English seems to be characterized so predominantly by structure. Five paragraph this, three main ideas that. And while the structure of an essay is quite important, many times it appears to be forgotten that with rigid structure comes rigid transitioning. An essay needs to be able to ebb and flow as well as follow a set path. I feel as if this essay did a fantastic job of trying to express that idea. By steering away from the conventional ethos, pathos, logos paragraph structure, it allowed the essay to carry a more streamlined feel to it. In the previous essay, the ideas that it conveyed felt so choppy and disconnected, it the essay appeared to jump from one area to the next. This essay certainly performed better in that aspect. If I could have, perhaps I would have researched more for the essay. Though I do feel that looking at the HONY website alone should and did suffice, it definitely would have been beneficial to look at outside analysis for further information.

Disregarding the essay itself, I still learned at lot from the actual Humans of New York. I am not immune to the effects I described it to carry in my analysis. Humans of New York certainly taught me more about the diversity among me and furthermore the power that pictures and social media can hold. And after seeing how powerful of an argument one can make, I am quite excited to make one of my own in the next essay - the public argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment