Sunday, November 1, 2015

Initial Thoughts about the Audience for my Argument

Can a writing apply to everyone? Unfortunately that question cannot be answered because it is up to the reader to decide whether or not something applies to him or her. Now can a writing be created with everyone as the audience in mind? Certainly no. Was my writing? Definitely not. My writing is already immediately limited to mostly to Americans by the fact that it is on the topic of American education. Furthermore, it must narrowed to those who are stakeholders in American education. This includes students, those that students are dependent upon (parents, guardians, friends), those involved in the american education system (teachers, deans, etc.), and those involved in the american political system (policymakers that can affect education). To many, especially those already in the education system, this may be quite hostile, as it is attacking their livelihood and practice. To those who are students and some of the policymakers, this may be motivation for a solution. My audience will most likely not need to know too much, as I will be explaining as much as possible. This, however, may change as I write more of my argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment