Sunday, November 1, 2015

My Proposed Public Argument

I have always admired public speaking. But not just public speaking per say, but public speaking that is trying to convey something of meaning and importance. That is why I did speech and debate in high school, and why I gave the graduation speech at the end of my four years. So from the get go when I heard about this project, I knew I wanted to give a speech of some kind. Though I do not always agree with TED and the talks that they give, I do admire the style in which they do them. And that is why I think I will give mine in a youtube video, TED talk style. And now for the actual important part, what I would like to do it on.

Seeing as how I have spent almost my entire life in the American education system and now find myself a freshman at a somewhat average state-funded university, I have decided to make my argument a statement on public education. Moreover, it will be an analysis of the current state of American public education and what its flaws are when compared to countries more successful in that area. The purpose will be to spread awareness of what the problems are and a call to action for a solution, aimed mostly at students, parents of students, and those involved in the american education system as well as the american political system.

No comments:

Post a Comment